- The global SaaS market is projected to grow from $49B in 2015 to $67B in 2018, attaining a CAGR of 8.14%.
- Global spending on Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is expected to reach $16.5B this year, an increase of 32.8% from 2014.
- Cloud applications will account for 90% of worldwide mobile data traffic by 2019, compared to 81% at the end of last year.
These and other insights are from recent cloud computing forecasts and market estimates published by research and advisory consultancies includingInternational Data Corporation (IDC), Forrester, Gartner, Ovum, Wikibon and others.
While the methodologies differ significantly, the findings from a recent Economist Intelligence Unit studyprovide the galvanizing thread across this diverse set of data. The Economist found that the most mature enterprises are now turning to cloud strategies as a strategic platform for growing customer demand and expanding sales channels. The study found low-maturity or lagging cloud adopters focus on costs more than growth.
Key take-aways from the round-up are provided below:
- Globally, cloud apps will account for 90% of total mobile data traffic by 2019, compared to 81% at the end of last year. Mobile cloud traffic will grow 11-fold from 2014 to 2019, attaining a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 60%. Source: Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2014–2019.
- 57% of IT architects and tech professionals are running apps on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform today. Rightscale’s 2015 State of the Cloud Report found that AWS adoption is over 4X greater than Microsoft Azure IaaS and 5X that of Rackspace Public Cloud. Rightscale found that AWS, Microsoft Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Rackspace Public Cloud and VMWarevCloud Air are the top five public cloud platforms used in enterprises today. Source: RightScale 2015 State Of The Cloud Report
- The global SaaS market is projected to grow from $49B in 2015 to $67B in 2018, attaining a CAGR of 8.14%. Global infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) spending globally is projected to grow from $23B in 2015 to $34B in 2018, attaining a CAGR of 10.27% in the forecast period. Source:Technology Business Research presentation The Developer’s Coup: 2015 Applications Development Demands and Vendor Opportunities.
for complete study pls visit Source: http://softwarestrategiesblog.com/