WiselyWise Privacy Statement
Collection and Use of Information
WiselyWise will collect your personal information only if you provide it of your own volition. If you do not want your personal information to be collected, please do not submit it.
We value your privacy. We do not rent or sell your personal information. When you submit your personal details and contact information, you give us explicit consent to call, email, or send SMS to you as part of our Outreach & Marketing Campaigns and also to confirm participation at the event, workshop and/or to related courses/programmes you are registering to or registered in.
Furthermore, while browsing our site we may automatically track certain information about you. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your IP address. Many other websites automatically collect this information.
We only use the information provided through our site to help us improve our services to you, to provide you with the products you have requested, to inform you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you, for marketing purposes and for other internal purposes. WiselyWise occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending mail and processing event registration. WiselyWise will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Other than what is described, WiselyWise does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others outside of WiselyWise and its subsidiaries or parent company, and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants.
At any time, while accessing our site, you may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (i.e. survey email, or ecommerce). Your choice not to participate will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature on our website. You may opt-out of our mailing list at any time by sending an email to [email protected] . When you decide to opt-out, we will delete all information about you from our database.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you during one of the following :
- You subscribe to one of our newsletters
- You enter information in one of the forms on our site
- You attend one of our Events such as, but not limited to, Seminar, Training, Workshop, Webinar etc
- You gave your contact information through modes such as, but not limited to, business cards, LinkedIn Connection, emails, Verbal Communication etc.
- You are an existing Contact of one of the WiselyWise Team members and have communicated earlier with them
- Job applications. When you apply for an open position through our website, we may collect resume and employment history information.
- Platforms. When you access our Platforms, we may collect information about you including your first and last name, gender, date of birth, address, city, state, zip/postal code, email address, User ID, user name, language, and academic background. We may ask you to self-report gender and ethnic or racial background; providing such information is strictly voluntary and, if provided, you are consenting to our use of such data. We may also collect information about your usage of the Platforms and any comments about the platforms you provide.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To communicate with you. We use the information you provide us in order to communicate with you and send you emails and newsletters.
- To process your job application. We use the information you provide to us in order to determine eligibility for open positions and to otherwise process your job application, including to further contact you about your application.
- To administer our Platforms. We use the information you provide to us in order to manage use of the Platforms, including for registration and authentication, for displaying content from external platforms, and to facilitate content commenting. We also use information about your use of the Platforms to better understand general usage practices and to improve the platform.
- To improve our website. We use the information collected through analytics cookies to better understand how users interact with our website, in an anonymous aggregated form, to help us make improvements to the site.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect:
- With our service providers so that they may perform services for us, including running our website and sending communications for us. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- With our business partners, affiliates, or funders in order to report on usage and success rates of our programs. Any such information would be provided in an aggregated and statistical format and would not reveal the identities of individual program participants.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
How You Can Control Your Privacy
- Opting Out. You may always opt out of receiving future promotional emails and newsletters from us through the link at the bottom of each email/newsletter. Please be aware that if you opt out of such messages, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive emails or newsletters from us during that period. Your option not to receive promotional material will not preclude us from corresponding with you regarding your existing or past relationship with us (e.g., program application, online platform engagement, etc.).
- Do Not Track Requests. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to these signals.
How We Protect Your Privacy
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will retain your information in accordance with our internal records retention and management policies and procedures, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
WiselyWise has implemented several security features throughout the WiselyWise site to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information.
However, even though WiselyWise endeavors to create a secure and reliable site for you, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from WiselyWise via the WiselyWise website or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. When disclosing any personal information, you should be mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. WiselyWise has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience. Some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification
Depends on level of data breach
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address for our marketing campaigns and related initiatives.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
WiselyWise Pte. Ltd.
28 Upper Serangoon view #15-33
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the Learning Platforms or a Course within the Learning Platforms, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our Learning Platforms. Students may visit the Learning Platforms anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The Learning Platforms may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our Learning Platforms.
- To send periodic emails
We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our Learning Platforms that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Learning Platforms. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this website.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of the website and the Learning Platform and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the website and the Learning Platform.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly. A child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child’s user name and password and a parent’s email address. We also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the website and the Learning Platform and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the website and the Learning Platform;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the website and the Learning Platform that may be of interest;
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see “Information We Collect”) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our website and the Learning Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our website and the Learning Platform and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WiselyWise, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the website and the Learning Platform; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at [email protected] To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Any other inquiries may be directed to:
WiselyWise Pte. Ltd.
28 Upper Serangoon View #15-33
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and will be posted on our website indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post prominent notice on our website and/or provide other notice as required by law.
You can contact us by email or at the postal address below. Please indicate in your email or letter that you are making a Privacy or Privacy Statement Inquiry.
WiselyWise Pte. Ltd.
28 Upper Serangoon View #15-33
Email: [email protected]
Last Edited on 22 AUGUST 2019