Importance Of Sleep
Sleep…it’s one of the most important activities that we tend to take for granted. Everyone needs atleast 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Are you getting enough sleep? If you are not, then it’s not ok! Sleep deprivation, whatever may be the reason is sure to affect your health, performance, safety in the long run.
While sleep deprivation may be caused by medical or mental health conditions, for most of us its thanks to the stresses of daily life or us trading it for more work or play. Have you ever felt tired or sleepy during the day? Well it’s easy to just blame it on stress or the kids, but seriously, we may need to recognize that this could be caused due to sleep deprivation or a health condition. This lack of awareness is what leads to serious health consequences over time.
Effects Of Not Enough Sleep
- Sleep deprivation can cause significant decrease in daytime alertness
- Less sleep means less alertness, and would effect your memory and cognitive ability, hence affecting your ability to think and process information
- It can create moodiness and cause stress in relationships
- Increased tiredness could prevent you from participating in daily life activities, leading to a poor quality of life
- Excessive sleepiness could lead to occupational injury and accidents on the road.
An Innovation To Help Us Sleep Better
Now that we know the benefits of having a good night sleep, we do need to keep in mind that sometimes its the environmental factors that disturb our sleep, like a snoring partner, a crying child next door or just a fire engine in a street close to your home.
Technology is bringing with it, some options that could prove to be very useful in helping us sleep better in this environment. Here’s one innovation that is sure to create interest in all those who realize the importance of a sound sleep.